Monday, February 1, 2010

A Wee Bit of Applique

Here's a bit of what I was working on yesterday. It is at least half again bigger in the picture than it is in applique. The center is about the size of my little finger nail. All needle turn--not "finger-press-me-under-stitch-me-down" applique. Just sayin'....

This particular project is a block of the month with nine different flowers. I have all the blocks done now and was going to do an attic windows set, but may have come up with a different plan. Nothing is set in stone until it is stitched, and even then, I know how to rip and am not afraid to. To that end, I had completed a quilt top that consisted of hand pieced blocks and machine setting. There was one block that I just didn't like and, after several years of looking at it, ripped it out and set in a new block. I am happy, the quilt is happy (although still unquilted). I guess that's why sometimes it pays to let things set a bit before quilting. I definitely wouldn't have taken the block out of a quilted piece.

Here's a glimpse of one of the other blocks in the series. Sorry about the blurriness--not intentional.
That's it for now. I have been working on a new design to include circle ruching--am on the second or third iteration and am still not really happy. So I am going back to work.

Hugs to all!
Sharon

P.S. I have updated my schedule on the website www.sharonstroud.com, so please take a look if you are within driving distance. And February 9 is the last date to get in on the hand pieced hexagon class if you are still trying to decide.

1 comment:

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!