Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gloversville

This past weekend was spent in the company of quilters from the Sew Busy Quilt Guild of Gloversville, New York. From my arrival to my departure, these ladies could not have been more welcoming. On Saturday we worked on the finer points of binding and sleeves. That afternoon, as we were trying to do labeling, it rained so hard that, even with the ladies within touching distance of me, I could not make myself heard!

On Sunday, we worked on fussy-cutting Dresden Plates. I had an opportunity to see some quilts started several years ago when I last visited, and there were some stunning fabrics being used this time. It's always hard for me to stop playing with other people's fabrics! The ladies have promised to have a show-and-tell and to send me pictures, which I will share with you. I can't wait!

It was a wonderful weekend!

On Saturday night, Patti, Katherine, Sandy and Markie took me to dinner at Union Hall in Johnstown. The building dates from 1798 and is remarkable. (Most remarkable was the flourless chocolate cake!)




Across the road is this monument.




The plaque was especially poignant.


Now it's back to reality. The lawn was over 6 inches tall --and full of water. But the air is redolent (www.dictionary.reference.com) with the scent of lilacs. The flowering bushes and trees seem especially pretty and full this year.


My plan for today is to finish up some quilting and binding on several projects that are almost done. I'm way behind on my plan to get 12 old projects finished this year! I may yet be finishing most of those in December!


Hugs to all,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!