Sunday, April 22, 2012

Love is in the Air

The swallows are back and choosing their houses.  This pair are inspecting a house my dad built many years ago.  There is a bird bath right below it, hollyhocks planted around it and the tree to escape to.  Once the leaves are out on the alder tree, you hardly see the house at all!  Swallows also nest in the two houses mounted on the ladder down the field a bit.  I was surprised to see how rickety the ladder has become; it truly is being held up by the trumpet vine which is entwined around it.


"Well, honey, what do you think?"  




"Well, frankly, that roof is going to need to be fixed and the foundation is definitely not level.  Really, is that the best you can do?  My mother said I shouldn't marry you!"


Apparently, even birds do not have an easy time of it!


Have a great start to the week!


Blissful hugs,
Sharon


P.S.  I  have exciting student quilts to share over the next couple posts.  Stay tuned!


P.P.S.  Marion, sorry not to have more time to chat today--so good to see you and DH.

1 comment:

  1. Love it -- the tree swallows are so beautiful -- I love when they stand firm on their houses when I go by. A great sign of spring on this wintry day.

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!