Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Quilt in Progress and a New Visitor

While this is supposed to be a tree skirt, I think I may just use it as a table topper.  It will finish around 36 inches so I think that would be a nice size for the table.  I used the Moda Seasonal Little Gatherings 5 inch squares that I got at Endless Mountains Quiltworks.  When I opened the packets, I was surprised by the variety of colors present.  Black, several browns and tans, dark reds, lighter reds, purple, greens and oranges.  It's half sewn together.  I decided to only agonize about placement for less than one day.  


Apparently my porch is prime nesting territory this year.  In addition to the phoebe shown yesterday, now there is a mourning dove.  Usually they nest in the spruce trees, of which I have many.  It's always interesting to look out the sewing room window!





That's it for tonight.  I may have a full finish to share tomorrow!


Blissful hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. I am watching blue jays build a nest in the dogwood tree outside my sunroom window. That tree is usually a robin condo...not sure how the blue jays took over....the squirrels are not happy with the riff raff neighbors....I can't wait to see if baby blue jays are cute! SEe you soon...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!