Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Say What?

I am saying this with wonder--there are only how many days left to get things finished for Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate)? Every year I think I will be better prepared, but.... Could it be more of that head in the sand thing? (I can almost see you, Janet--I'm tunneling your way!)

Let's see what's going on in your world. Are you making more gifts because of the economy? Or fewer because you have less time? Are you being more selective about giving handmade gifts? Most of my friends and I have agreed that we will do at least dinner and maybe add in a movie instead of doing gifts. We are all adults (or at least we say we are--hee hee) and either buy or have anything we really want. We have a great, no stress time for less than we probably would have spent on a gift.

This afternoon I put up about 25 of my holiday quilts at the Groton Public Library. If you are in the area, please stop in for a look. The poor librarian has been under siege--usually the quilts go up in November and I change part of them in December. But the library had some water damage and needed to be repainted. So the quilts went up today. I guess there were quite a few patrons who wanted to know where the quilts were!

As the holidays rapidly approach and people are short-tempered (okay, MORE short-tempered), remember to smile. In the grand scheme of things, the slightly longer wait, the snarly clerk, the elbow in the ribs from someone also after that last perfect gift will mean nothing. But your smile and graciousness will long be remembered, probably by someone you least expect. Spread the good cheer and help stamp out the "bah humbugs".

Hugs to all, and to all a good night!
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Come on over, Sharon!

    BTW, you don't have to panic about Christmas until Christmas Eve. That's a bad habit my dear husband taught me....it does cure me of indecision, though.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!