Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Haul

I thought you might like to see what I bought yesterday! The fabric in the top row, from left to right, is for: backing of an applique piece, the potential background for the hexagons the border for another applique piece, 13 pieces to go to the retreat, and the last two are for a small tablerunner.

The bottom row is: a just because, Maxine fabric x 2, another just because, and the rest of the row is for a new pieced sample.

Close-ups:

I am very pleased and am in the process of washing the lot. Do you all know about Shout Color Catchers? I swear by them! You simply put one in each load of fabric (and darker clothing). When you get ready to put the fabric in the dryer, find the color catcher and see if it is still white. If not, you have a "bleeder" and need to find it. I had a batch of fabric recently that I had to wash 4 times before the color catcher was white. Better to know now than when the fabric does its dastardly deed in a finished quilt. I also just bought some dark colored polo shirts and they ran. Color catchers to the rescue!

I'll keep you posted on how the fabrics are used. What are you all working on? I'm also trying to make some semblance of order out of the horizontal surfaces throughout the house. I fear it is a losing battle...but I am forging onward.

Hugs,
Sharon

P.S. I am reading State Fair by Earlene Fowler and listening to Spartan Gold by Clive Cussler.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! It's always so inspiring to see what you're doing. I love all your new fabric. Hopefully you'll post photos of the works in progress. I am trying to finish a couple of quilting UFO's and I'm knitting my 16 month old granddaughter a sweater using Noro sock yarn. The colors are incredible.

    Thanks for the tip on Shout Color Catchers. I will pick some up.

    bmac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I'm still spending time in the basement dyeing fabric. Actually I'm doing some re-dyeing to try to get a more evenly mottled tone on tone effect in the fabric. It's definitely work, but the end result is worth the effort. I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow evening for First Tuesday. Hugs, Jay

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!