Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hand Pieced Hexagons - Part 2

These are the last three blocks: Honeycomb Star
Triple Delight
Six Pointed Star
These will be set together shortly. Be sure to visit The Quilting Professor (click on the link on the blog list at right) to see her version of this quilt. They all look so different!

I had another set of blocks almost done using the same background. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough background for two blocks. The good news? I had not set any of the background pieces into the blocks yet! Today I got a medium pink tone-on-tone that I think will work. Looks great with the border and the block center I took with me.

Bought a lot of fabric for me and a bunch for the upcoming retreat. Also found Maxine fabric to make potholders and coasters for a friend. Backing for one quilt, border for another, batiks for a new sample. And best of all--it was all on sale! How can you beat a deal like that?

Enough for tonight. My pillow is lonely.

Hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!