Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cobalt and More

A couple weeks ago my mom and I went to a "garage sale". Quotation marks are used because it was a giant accumulation of stuff at a sale held in one location. (Unlike wandering from site to site in search of that elusive best-thing-ever.) I love cobalt glass (and pink depression glass) and I hit the mother lode that day! The candle holder was a gift from my mom from the summer, but it fit in nicely with this display. In an effort to more "stylize" my pictures, I took the items to the corner of my front porch and actually covered the bench with white material to better show the glassware. What I realize is that I will never be like the Blackbird Designs ladies, whose pictures are what I aspire to, but sadly fall far short of. I did try.




I think the bird may be a stork--or a heron. I'm not really sure, but I looked at it several times and just loved the graceful lines and the soft coloring. A bargain for $2. It's actually a vase!

When I got it home and was looking more closely, I found the mark that it was made in Czechoslovakia. It is so pretty.

You just never know what you'll find--part of the thrill, I think. It's great to have lots of stuff in one location, because, truth be told, I am not a big fan of stopping, getting out, looking, getting back in the car and then driving and repeating the process untold times. I think that's why I prefer auctions!

Hugs to all,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of auctions, the one at Bostwick's tonight had more sewing "stuff" than I have ever seen in one place....buttons were sold by the laundry basket!!! There was still tons left to sell when we left at 9:30....couldn't take anymore....I was on overload!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon,
    Did you get a surprise in the mail????

    Inquiring Minds.....

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!