Friday, December 30, 2011

A Little Help

Have you noticed how cats love to be near you when you are sewing?  While trying to finish the binding on two pieces this week, I spent more time moving Callie off the pieces than actually sewing.  So I finally found a piece of fleece and put in on the counter.  She, of course, has to inspect the progress by climbing over the piece in question, but she then goes to the fleece where she is close enough to supervise but not be constantly moved.




The duck quilt you see above is a baby quilt for my best friend Cindy who is a first time grandma.  Can we just say that the baby turned five months old recently and Cindy will get the quilt soon.  I will show you more pics of this when the binding is finished--if it ever is!  I only have one more corner and part of a side, but it seems to be moving at the slowest pace possible.  I'm sure it couldn't have anything to do with my attention being sidetracked onto lots of other things.


Hope you are enjoying the last few hours of 2011.  Big plans for New Year's Eve?


Holiday hugs,
Sharon


P.S.  I am reading Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich and listening to Dick Francis's Gamble by Felix Francis.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sharon !

    Callie looks so much like a cat I shared with my best friend Mary when I was in college in 1980... her name was Hobbs... they share the same colors and markings... thanks for bringing that memory back for me tonight.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a baby quilt out of that fabric too Sharon. I just loved it. So cheery!

    mk (the long lost mk)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!