Friday, January 13, 2012

A New Portal

Part of the time last fall when I wasn't blogging I was actually doing some home repairs.  Here is the original front door.  I have to say that I've loved that door for over 20 years--solid oak and stained glass.  The unfortunate news?  It leaked air like a sieve!  And with the cost of fuel oil, that was not a good thing.


The new door!  I must admit to being reluctant to venture into the door section of Lowe's, sure that I'd never be able to pick just one.  But lo and behold, I looked at most of them, then looked up...and there it was.  The whole process took less than 10 minutes!  It is, of course, very white.




Next came color!  The pic is a bit brighter than the real color which is a dark cranberry.  I just love it!


And the view of the outside of the door.  It took three coats to cover the white.  For a while it seemed like all I did was paint, repaint, and paint again.  But the results were worth it.




And the door is air-tight!  A really good thing as we have gotten quite a bit of snow in the past few hours, along with major wind.  I have spent most of the day finishing that binding.  Now all my binding is done for a bit and I can move on to something else.


Hugs for now,
Sharon


P.S.  I am listening to New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!