Sunday, May 26, 2013

Does Anyone Know...

what this flower is?  I found it a couple of weeks ago in the hedgerow.


A close-up of the leaves and a flower.  Very pretty.  Thanks for any help anyone can give me.


And Dickens is his usual self.

Who you lookin' at?

Okay, who's next?
Today I drafted, cut out and started hand piecing a new Mariner's Compass design.  32 points!  I'll show you pics when I'm a bit farther along.

Tomorrow I need to bale my lawn; yes, it's that bad.  Should have done it today, but something begged to be worked on first.

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon!

    Those are a wild flower known as Trout Lilly. They get their name from the speckled leaves, which resemble the spots on the sides of Brook Trout.

    Hope this helps :)

    Hugs from the Mitten State!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, trout lily. We see them in the woods in early spring.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!