Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to several days off.  "Off" in this case just means not teaching, not sitting on the porch eating bonbons!   We finally got rain and cooler weather.  The lawn that had sort of maintained a decent level has now reverted to hay field.  My sycamore tree got hit with frost so it looks partly green and partly brown.  Remember the hops vines?  Both are about a foot over the top of the lattice already!

Mourning dove mom decided (voluntarily) that the nest on the front porch was not in her best interest.

Dickens is doing fine--he loves to bat things out of the air--and he is quick!  And he loves to snuggle--what's not to like about that?

My absence from the blog has nothing to do with disinterest.  I've been extremely busy with teaching, which is a great thing!  Not a complaint here.  The last time I posted I timed how long it takes to put up a post with pictures:  at least 60 minutes start to finish.  So at the end of the day sometimes I just cannot face that.  And as most of you know, posting in the morning is probably a non-starter!

As we speak, I am working on one of my goals for the weekend--washing and drying the fabric pile on top of the dryer.  I have been buying fabric for backing and for a couple new projects.  In the door it comes and gets set on the dryer until I get a chance to wash it.  Well, I'm on my third load, with two more to go.  So I can at least cross that off my list!  I read somewhere that you should always put something easy on the top of your list so that you can cross it off right away.  I probably need to put "Get Out of Bed" on the top of mine! How about you?

Okay, enough for now.  Have a great weekend, whatever you are doing!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am re-listening to The Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell.  And I just finished Lethal by Sandra Brown.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're okay, Sharon. Enjoy your time off - I hope it isn't all laundry and yard work.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!