Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mary's Dresden

On April 4, Mary started her Dresden Plate wallhanging at a Lake to Lake Quilt Guild workshop.  Now, one month later, she has it completely finished!  And I do mean completely!  Take a look:

Mary cut each blade individually and then hand pieced them to complete the plates.  


Then she machine quilted this beauty.  She used a 30 wt. thread for the quilted in the center circle--doesn't it look like seeds to feed the birds?  What a fabulous job, Mary!  Thanks so much for sharing!


It's been a beautiful day here in central New York.  I started out on the riding lawnmower--took two trips around the lower part of the 2-acre lawn and...the belt came off the mower deck :-(  So I spent the rest of the day mowing by hand.  Did me good (that's my story) and the lawn looks better because I used the mulching blade.  I did NOT get the whole two acres done--only about half.  Still....  And it seemed funny not to have Lynnie running in circles or waiting at the door.  But Dickens did make a couple of appearances at the door--I'm not sure what he thought was going on.

Also, I have a mourning dove sitting in an old robin's nest near my front door.  I keep getting the hairy eyeball each time I open the door.  We chatted tonight and I gave her the scoop on living on the front porch. We'll see how it goes.

Other than that, it's been a paperwork kind of day.  Seems to be a lot of that!  And laundry.  I swear my clothes multiply in the hamper.  And for those of you who know me, you know almost everything I own has to be ironed.  Can we say "giant pile of ironing"?

Okay, off to see what I can get into.

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!