Sunday, January 26, 2014

Something Different

Than snow, ice, sub-zero temps and howling winds.


And a subtle reminder to slow down and savor each moment.  Animals live in the present--not worrying about what happened yesterday and not worrying about tomorrow.  

My goal?  To be present for each moment of my life.  I've been lucky in that I seem to know when I am in a moment that is especially important and that I will remember always.  Like sitting on the front porch with my husband, rocking and talking and quilting.  Just enjoying the time together.  Time spent with family and friends and animals.  That brief moment in a riding lesson when everything comes together--sometimes for only a minute or so--but to have experienced it is priceless.  What special memories do you have that bring a smile to your face, or a sigh of happiness, sometimes a tear of remembrance.  They are all what our life is made up of...many tiny moments.

Well, that was a bit philosophical for a Sunday night.  Who knew that a cow could evoke so much emotion?

Blissful hugs on this slightly-warmer-than-lately night,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to King and Maxwell by David Baldacci.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!