Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hunkering Down


Dickens and I have had a day of hunkering down.  Although a bit warmer (?), the snow did its best to replace the bitter cold in our memories.  That worked for several hours, but now the temperature is dropping, the wind is rising and the wind chills will again be in the negative degrees.  I did the snowblowing late this afternoon and quite a bit of it has blown back in--but the good news was that the snowblower started right off and I "got 'er done".  

I am (still) working on the Mariner's Compass blocks.  I am hopeful that I have only two or three four-inchers to go.  Mostly fabric choice changes.  But I see a definite end in sight.  

The hand-piecers at Quilters Corner in Ithaca are making significant progress on their Monthly Bliss 3 blocks.  Several have never hand-pieced before but are bravely moving forward each month.  I'll try to get pics next month so that you can see how truly beautiful these pieces will be.

My posting has been spottier than I had hoped for 2014.  Don't give up on me.  If I ever decide to permanently stop blogging I will let you know.  Someone reminded me over the weekend that she looks for a new blog post from me every day; that made me resolve to do better.  So stay tuned--more compass pics coming soon!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to Never Go Back by Lee Child (a Jack Reacher novel).

1 comment:

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!