Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Morning

The robin babies on the front porch hatched a few days ago and I was able to get some pics of them. I think there are five, although they are so close together in the nest that it is hard to tell! When I was taking the pictures, the mom had flown into a tree and was nattering at the babies, telling them to "Shut up, keep your heads down, and maybe the crazy lady will leave more quickly!" Please remember that my camera has a 10X zoom, so I am nowhere close to these darlings!
These two look like they are singing!


Had a wonderful hand quilting class yesterday--all the students did a great job and learned to quilt without a hoop or frame and without poking their underneath fingers! Thanks for joining me, ladies!

Today is the second session of my basic hand applique class. Students have a small wallhanging started and have learned to handle inner and outer curves, inner and outer points and bias stems.

Does anyone have sheep for rent? I didn't mow last week because it was hot and dry--now we've had several days of rain and the lawn looks like hayfield (which is really what it is). I may have to bale it! Forget mulching! Raking? Fugetaboutit!

Happy Sunday, everyone. Hope you do something fun with family and friends. And say an extra prayer for our Armed Forces and for America.

Hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Sheila of the AnnoyingJune 14, 2009 at 7:03 PM

    Baby Robins, how cute! Our nest of baby Blue Birds just fledged and they are adorable. We have a just finished Sallow nest, so hopefully some new Swallows will be in the making sometime soon. SUCH CUTENESS!
    HUGS
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!