Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day Five

What a gorgeous day here in Central New York! It has been exquisite! Of course, I mowed the lawn yesterday when it was still pretty wet--but the way it has been raining who ever knows! At least I won't have to bale it this week!

I thought this was a really neat poppy seed head. It almost looks prehistoric, don't you think?

Here's another book for your amusement: The Hot Flash Club by Nancy Thayer. It is laugh-out-loud funny in spots and so absolutely right-on in others that it will surely strike a cord in all of us women of a certain age. Enjoy!

And here's Lynnie. She's just the best dog--but she hates fireworks! I'm still not sure if the town fireworks went off on Friday night--at almost dusk, when everyone would have been in their seats at the school field, the sky opened up and it just poured for about 20 minutes! There was no way that anyone could have gotten under cover or covered the fireworks. I stood on the porch and watched the downpour--at least there was no lightning!

A warm welcome to a new blogger--Richard Shackelford at www.richardshackelford.blogspot.com. You can also follow him from my list on the right. Dick is Anita Shackelford's husband and general all-around great guy. I just visited the site and he has some pictures of a flower I've never seen before, as well as news of Anita's ninth book. Leave him some comments so he will know he's not just writing for himself. You have no idea how much bloggers love comments--it keeps us writing!

Well, the holiday party is over--back to work for most of us tomorrow--although I have a reprieve until Tuesday night. Keep smiling and laugh like you mean it--both are good for you and those around you.

Hugs,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon--thanks for the picture of my Lennie--he's such a sweety--just visited "Richard's" blog site and left him a message--he has some reallly pretty pictures there!!! See ya soon--Oh did you see what my month of July challenge is????
    Hugs, just, Di

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!