Monday, July 6, 2009

Day Six

I had all kinds of pictures to post tonight, but I am having trouble with my computer and the internet. So I will use those another night.

Today was spent preparing for the week's classes. I have a full Care and Feeding of Your Featherweight class on Wednesday, as well as an Americana Flag class. I am making a new sample of the flag, using a variety of reds, the same cream and a bright blue with a gold star. Have it basted ready to (gasp!) machine quilt. These are not meant to be true heirloom pieces--just something fun and quick to make and a pleasure to give. Who doesn't love a flag?

Also working on a piece from the most recent Quiltmaker magazine. Two friends and I wanted to give it a try. I am combining hand appliqued stems with (gasp!) fusible applique pieces. But...I am planning to do hand blanket stitching on the flowers. It is a medallion-style piece with many borders around this appliqued center block. Mine is done in batiks. The unfortunate news is that once the top is done it will probably languish for years without being quilted. My original pieces come first on the list, but it is fun to do something different occasionally--like a mini mental vacation!

Okay, I'd better finish this while I am still able to do so. Tomorrow--pictures, if all goes according to Hoyle instead of Murphy!

Hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!