Monday, July 6, 2015

A Wee Bit of Knitting

Last fall my cousin came to visit from Georgia--and she was cold!  So we went to the store and I let her pick out the yarn she wanted--a bright, multi-colored worsted weight.  And I cast on the first wrist warmer.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that the colors spiraled around the wrister rather than pooling.




It's a pattern that I got many years ago from Patchwork Plus.  I use the Magic Loop method with one 40-inch circular needle.  I made one wrister each night, so she was warm in just a couple days.  I have also made them with longer cuffs.  Either way, they work to keep your hands warm but your fingers free to--oh, I don't know--knit, quilt, etc.  These would make great gifts and are a great take-along project for the summer.  Yes, people will look at you strangely as you are knitting at the beach, but so what?  Be a trend-setter!

Thanks to all who are commenting on the posts.  It's always good to hear from readers.

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to A Deeper Sleep by Dana Stabenow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!