Sunday, January 8, 2017

First Finish of 2017

I started the day working on new class handouts.  One thing led to another and... Voila!  

A mug rug or candle mat...whatever!  I hand pieced the thimbles and hand stitched the binding to the back.  The rest was done on the machine.



Yes, machine quilting again.   Don't worry, hand quilting is still my first love!


Plus, this evening I have cut, marked and arranged 42 more thimbles for another sample.  These smaller pieces are just so much fun.  Did you know that I originally started out making minis?  Right after my first quilt, a king-sized log cabin!

Still cold and snowy here.  Into negative degrees with the wind chill.  

So, once again, brrrrrrrry hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to another John Hart book, Down River.  I have to say he is an excellent writer, and I have a hard time turning the CD player off to go to bed.  

3 comments:

  1. I like the fabric selection, too. The quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the little thimbles ... And no, did not know your first quilt was king size ...wow!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!