Saturday, July 13, 2013

This Can't Be Good

On Wednesday night, we had a major thunderstorm go through with high winds.  It was well after dark and the lights flickered but stayed on.  At one point I heard a CRACK but figured lightning struck somewhere close.  Thursday I checked for damage and there was none.

On Friday morning, however, this is what I found:


The branch that snapped apparently came to rest on a slightly lower branch which held it up for almost a day.  Then it got tired and laid down on top of the Casket Company Brewery shed!


Armed with my trusty hand saw, I managed to saw off some of the major branches and relieve the pressure on the shed.  That one branch is probably going to have to come down eventually.  See the rather large branch sticking down in the middle of the picture?  That's what's left of the main branch after I took off the smaller branches.  But at least it's down to a manageable size.


Here are the branches neatly laid out waiting to be dragged to the hedgerow.  You can also see how tall the grass was!

That's part of the reason I didn't get all the mowing done yesterday.  

Remember the contest ends tonight at 10:00 pm EST.  Almost 100 people have visited that post, but only a few have entered.  Makes better odds for those of you who played!

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!