Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gifts

Remember in a prior post I showed you "The Haul". Here is part one of what I did with some of it.

My friend Julie loves Maxine, so you can imagine my excitement at finding this! I got two fat quarters and made three 7.5 inch finished potholders and a set of four coasters. All are reversible to the other fabric.

My favorite is, or was, the green. It makes me absolutely insane to have its and it's misused! It would be at least slightly less annoying if people erred on the side of NOT using the apostrophe in everything. What this really says is "Age has it is advantages". I have another fabric I bought several years ago that was supposed to say "Angels we have heard on high" but actually said "Angles we have heard on high". I didn't know angles spoke....

Okay, I'm done ranting. Here are the potholders and coasters all neatly tied and ready for gifting. I'm not sure if Julie is keeping up on the blog, so this will either be a surprise now or when she really gets them. Which will be soon--no occasion required.

This was not fabric from "The Haul"; I got it in Massachusetts when I was there in June. I thought it would be perfect for Dick, the farrier who shoes the horses I help with. Both sides are the same and I only had one fat quarter. Two potholders and one slightly oversized coaster. I know Dick doesn't read the blog--so these will be a surprise when he actually gets them!

Here's what I am listening to: Tribute by Nora Roberts.

Here's what I am reading: Still State Fair by Earlene Fowler, plus The Soul of a Horse: Life Lessons from the Herd by Joe Camp AND Eat the Cookie...Buy the Shoes (Giving Yourself Permission to Lighten Up) by Joyce Meyer.

Til tomorrow!
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sharon,

    Hard to believe that these grammatical errors get through the manufacturing process. Where is quality control? I agree with you - that type of error annoys me too. Another one that I see often is your and you're - such as "your welcome", instead of "you're welcome".

    I am finishing The Lost Quilter by Jennifer Chiaverini. Frankly, I had lost interest in this series a while back,
    but this particular book is very good.

    bmac

    Thanks for your great posts! Love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!