Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Bit of Rambling

Sorry, no pictures tonight.  I've been doing a bit of this and a bit of that today.  Finished the hand sewing on one wallhanging today and added binding to a crib quilt tonight that I will hand sew tomorrow.  


Started a new sweater a couple days ago, twisted the join, but didn't discover it for several rounds, ripped back, corrected the mistake and continued.  Only to find that I had a hole where I apparently did not pick up an increase correctly.  I kept thinking, it will be okay.  I'm sure it won't show, blah, blah, blah.  Tonight I took it all off the needles and ripped it out.  Have it restarted and am doing the yoke increases again.  I'm happier and there is no hole.  (Yes, I do know there was probably a simple way to fix the hole, but my way made me instantly happy.  I am definitely  a process knitter--unafraid to rip back to the beginning!)


I know others are lamenting the weather we are having, but seriously, I don't have to shovel rain!  


Do you all have your 2012 calendars ready?  I just love the Lang calendars with the Lowell Herrero cows.  They are just the best, and I use mine in my sewing room to keep track of classes.  The pictures never cease to make me smile.


I must admit to being a bit disappointed that only one person responded to the Stockings post!  I couldn't stop laughing as I stood out in the rain and wind at 10 pm to get the picture.  Yes, I know, I am a bit warped.  I prefer to think of it as part of my charm ;-)


Head over to the Quilting Professor blog (see link on side bar) and take a look at her serious blog topic.  I'm not sure what I would do.  Any suggestions?  Leave them here or on Kate's blog.


Okay, enough rambling for tonight.  Oh, wait...I will be so glad when the holiday commercials for the car company with the big blue oval signs are over.  Just sayin'.


Still with the holiday hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!