Just a quick note for tonight. Remember last night I posted a picture of fabrics and said to imagine them with black and a deep gold? Well, luckily I did the math on the gold before cutting. And found, alas and alack, that I did not have enough and nothing in the stash to even come close.
So today, before class, I stopped at the LQS and looked for gold. Curses, foiled again! There was nothing close to what I had and nothing else looked good with the other fabrics (remember they were already cut!). So on to plan...C...D...whatever.
The gold has now been replaced by a lovely mottled medium/royal blue batik. I think it will look even better than the gold and it looks quite good next to the black. So tomorrow I will wash it and finish cutting and make my sample.
And no, still no pics til Wednesday! I'm quite excited about this!