Sunday, July 1, 2012

Signs of Summer

The first picture is of a rose planted in honor of my husband eight years ago.  It has not blossomed again until this year.  And it's a deeper rose color.



While inspecting a different rose bush, which also had not blossomed in eight years, I found this critter.




A highlight of flowers in a hanging basket given to me by a wonderful group of quilters.




Wouldn't this bloom make a great quilt?




And robins--there are so many this year.  The ones that had a nest over my front porch have now fledged the second set of babies this year.  And I've lost count of the swallows.




Hot and dry here in the northeast.  Hoping for rain and a break in the heat and humidity.  I'm sure the people in Florida wish for a little dry!


Happy start to your week!


Blissful hugs,
Sharon


P.S.  I am listening to The Book of Fates by Brad Meltzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!