Saturday, January 19, 2013

Oh, Happy Day!

Just look at these smiling faces and you will see what I mean!  Today was the skill-builder class "Hearth and Home" at O'Susannah's Quilt Shop in Watkins Glen.  This class has rotary cutting, precision machine piecing, and pressing.  This is the beginning of a series of classes that will give students even more piecing skills.  Yes, I know, many of you think I only do handwork.  Surprise!  I actually started out as a machine piecer and hand-quilter.  Versatile?  You bet.

These smiling faces belong to Victoria, Cheryl, and Marie.


And here are Tina, Debbie, and Margaret Debbie.  Margaret is Debbie's daughter, who was unable to attend the class, so Mom came in her place.  Everyone went from fat quarters to finished blocks in no time.  And let me tell you, those points are sharp!


Great job, Ladies!  It was a pleasure to spend the day in such good company.

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  Christie, Dickens was too much of a gentleman to rip the package open himself, but he has enjoyed the contents immensely!  I think the purple catnip mouse was the favorite!  Thanks so much for your generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!