Shortly after finishing the gray sweater, I bought some luscious Candy Cane yarn and started another one. Okay, I actually started it twice. The first time I found an error not long after joining in the round, so I ripped it back and started again. Knitting when I had nothing better to do, I was almost three-quarters of the way to separating for the sleeves when I found--an error!
You can see it here, the rows just are not consistent. And it's on the front where I would see it every time I looked down.
Here's what I had done, still on the needles.
Callie came to investigate--did I say the yarn is soft and cushy?
Here it is off the needles. Love the striping.
And here's what happened to it! As I may have mentioned before, I am a process knitter. Unafraid to rip back to the beginning! (I find it very interesting that the first time I cast this on and found the mistake, I did actually frog stitch back to the mistake. This one was too far and too many increases later to do that.)
And here's that mess of yarn all neat and tidy in a center pull ball that I wound myself using a paper towel roll. Low tech and not wound too tightly.
Never fear, while contemplating the fate of this sweater, I cast on and have knit several inches on a pullover vest in a fabulous deep plum. Knit bottom up, there are no pesky increases. Just 16.5 inches of stockinette. I hope I can keep myself and my knitting in order at least that much!
And I'm sure the third time will be the charm for the other sweater--it's not over yet!