Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day Eight

Last night Carol R. of Ithaca, New York, brought in her finished Dresden Plate wallhanging! It is absolutely gorgeous and she hand pieced, hand appliqued AND hand quilted it! She is entering it in the Tompkins County Quilters Guild show which will be held October 3 and 4 at Tompkins-Cortland Community College in Dryden, New York. If you come to the show, you can see this beauty in person! Great job, Carol! You rock!!!!

Carol also brought in her very first finished bed-sized quilt--a sampler that is stunning. All her points are sharp and her color choices are rich and soothing. And best of all--Finished!!

These are a couple pictures of the pink blossoms in my mom's flower bed. My hollyhocks are not out yet, but they are loaded with buds.

It's a full day today. This afternoon I will be in Fayetteville to teach the Care and Feeding of Your Featherweight class to 10 eager ladies. Then I'll drive about an hour to do the Americana Flag class this evening. Flight Jeep Grand Cherokee now leaving the driveway!
Take care, everyone! I'll see you tomorrow!
Hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait till next Tuesday to see you at your all day hand applique classes at O'Sus. sylvia... the leftie! lol

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!