Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day Four - Happy Birthday, America!

Day four and a bit of home decorating! At the first auction I told you about, my mom bid on a group of baskets, including this antique sewing basket. She got the entire bunch for $1! Can't beat that! She gave me the sewing basket and I decided to display it in a different way. This is the plant stand that I got at the last auction. By putting the lid up against the wall, it made a great place to display the bears, a gift from a friend, along with an antique doily and a small ceramic bird. I will probably add more items to the basket, but this gave me a good start.
Here's a picture of the entire stand. On thebottom is a ceramic pedestal dish with a bird support. There is also a red bird salt shaker. Just a cute set. I keep things I really like up all year long. No sense in hiding stuff for most of the year. I envy the people who put all their seasonal stuff in boxes and change all their displays multiple times per year. I'm lucky I can get any decorations up in a timely manner, so my system of perpetual display works great!

Happy Birthday, America! Many thanks to our Armed Forces personnel for keeping us safe and free. Each night I pray that God will keep them safe and out of harm's way. I also pray that our elected officials, from the state government up to the President, will come to their senses and stop all this "change". If things keep going the way they are, most of us will not be able to afford to live in America. How many new taxes, heaped upon the taxes we already have, can the middle class afford to pay?
Okay, enough soap boxing--remember when I am president, things will be much better--I have so decreed it--Make it Sew, Number One!
Hugs to all,
Sharon

1 comment:

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!