Friday, July 10, 2009

Day Ten

A busy day here, but with good stuff. My mom and I went shopping this morning--the usual groceries, sundries, banking, and office supplies. (Don't you just love office supply stores? After quilt shops and book stores, I head for the office supplies.) Then I got to see a foal that was born about two weeks ago--he's quite a cutie, and his mom is very high spirited! What a treat! Reminds me of my teen years when I had a horse of my own. Visiting is even better--all the thrill, none of the expense or work to keep a horse!

These are the last pictures from the lilies at my mom's. It just amazes me how Mother Nature can make things so intricately. Can you imagine how many spores of pollen are on each of these stamens (or are they pistols? I can never remember!) But that doesn't stop me from being in awe.





I just got the new Janet Evanovich book, Finger Lickin' Fifteen. Only about 10 pages in and I'm hooked--as always. If you haven't tried her books, especially the Stephanie Plum series, you are missing out.

Okay, ten days and counting! I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Hugs,

Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Was annoying, now OCD GIRL!July 11, 2009 at 9:45 AM

    Geesh Sharon, how do you find the time to fit reading, quilting, gardening, etc. all in in a day??? AND, you even leave the house to shop!! I feel like such a slacker... (Huge sigh). Is is just me, or does anyone else feel weird if they haven't accomplished a whole laundry list of stuff in one day? It's ok if I am the only strange person here, LOL, I am used to it ;) . You are right though, there is something about an office supply store that just screams at me... usually whoooo I could reorganize this or that.. label each item... alphabetize.... Ok, I know my OCD is showing...LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!