Monday, July 13, 2009

Day Thirteen

A bit nippy overnight, but a cool, windy, glorious day. I did some hand stitching, cut out the pieces for one of my new applique blocks, made the stems and overlay and basted part of the pieces onto the background. Now I can't find the green thread that I need! I have searched high and low to no avail, but luckily I will be in a quilt shop tomorrow that carries what I need! I have lots of other things to do until I get the thread.

Mowing the lawn was a priority today and I had to rake a few places and I did more weeding. Really need to weedeat, but I keep procrastinating about that.

These are pictures of my shrub roses. They form a U shape on the west side of the house and are interspersed with sedum. The sedum has overtaken most of the available space, so I am in the process of pulling it up. These roses are small but smell wonderful and will bloom from now until late fall.



Lynnie enjoyed herself today. She gets to run all over the yard and she knows to stay where I can see her at all times. She is exhausted tonight and is curled up in my sewing room next to me as I type this.
Have a good night, everyone.
Hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!